Plastic Ain't My Bag and other awesome reusable shopping bags.

Last year Wales made it mandatory for shops to charge 5 pence for single use plastic bags. The first time I went to my local supermarket and forgot to take some reusable bags, I kicked myself as I handed over my money for those plastic rotters (non-rotters is probably a more fitting name). I didn't want them and I certainly didn't want to pay for the privilege. But it was my own fault. The first time I went into a clothes shop and was asked to pay for a bag I realised it was high time for a behavioural change.

Most of us have reusable bags for food shopping, occasionally we forget to pick them up on our way out. So I always keep at least a couple of the larger sturdy  bags in the boot of my car and a smaller one in my handbag. The canvas ones squish up lovely and small so they don't take up precious space and it really helps me out of a pickle when I'm being forgetful.



1. "Plastic Ain't My Bag", £7.50 from WeAreWhatWeDo; 2. The Eco Carrier Bag, £1.25 from EcoCarrierBag; 3. Fleur Rose Handheld, £2.99 from Fizbag.


I confess, the one I carry around with me is the orange "Plastic Ain't My Bag" bag, bought purely because I thought the slogan was hilarious. It's the little things in life!


What do you think about paying for single use plastic bags?

7CW9YVVBRUFP

1 comments:

So great that they are charging for the plastic - that's the main way to create change in attitudes when it comes to plastic bags - it's too easy to lapse otherwise. Maybe one day the price will be 50p as they get rarer! Love your cloth bags!(Found your blog through the Reduce Footprints linky)

Post a Comment